Monday, July 7, 2008

Morning has broken

I woke this morning to the most amazing sunrise, which I thought I would share with the world:


Unfortunately my weekend was not quite as spectacular as this image. On Friday after my very exciting encounter with hotness (which in retrospect, my reaction to seems a little embarrassing) I went to a concert. Had I not been obsessing the whole time over my encounter, I probably would have enjoyed it. I did discover a new masterpiece though, Mendelssohn's Hebrides Overture. Most excellent indeed.

For the rest of the weekend when I was not fantasizing about encounters with hot-gym-jock I was obsessing about my thesis. A pretty sad state of affairs, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I finally put together the title page which has the line:

A thesis submitted in fulfillment of the
requirements for the degree of
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY

After nearly four years of working on this project, I was still hit with the impact of this line. Holy crap.

Thought for the day:
Wake up early enough to see the sunrise. Sometimes its worth it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dude keep up with the blog - sounds great. good to see some kiwis on here! ps more pics of youself would be great - thats how lp got me lured in!

musclician said...

Thanks anon... but I'm not not a kiwi!

More pics? No problem... all I need is someone to take them (therein lies the problem).

James said...

That's more like an African sky than NZ.

musclician said...

Wow James, you really are very astute! No wonder you are a doctor!